The fourth round of the Building Better Regions Fund is now open and Locale Consulting is here to help! The fund aims to create jobs, foster economic development and build stronger regional communities. The fund is specifically for regional areas outside of major capital cities across Australia with a particular focus on drought affected areas in this round.
A total of $200 million is available in this round, with grants of between $20,000 to $10,000,000 available through two funding streams:
- The Infrastructure Projects Stream: Supports projects that involve construction of new infrastructure, or the upgrade or extension of existing infrastructure
- The Community Investments Stream: Funds community development activities such as new or expanded local events, strategic regional plans, leadership and capability building activities
Locale Consulting has a proven track record of working with our local government and community clients to attract funding from previous rounds of the Building Better Regions Fund and similar grant programs. To date, we’ve been involved in several success stories, resulting in over $27 million in grants for our regional communities:
- Motorcycling NSW and Shoalhaven City Council – over $10 million to develop a new motorsport centre near Nowra
- Woodburn Riverside Precinct Upgrade – $700,000
- Casino Drill Hall project – $837,000
- Shoalhaven Sustainable Tourism Package project – $5.3 million
- Bundanon’s Riversdale Master Plan project – over $8 million
Do you have a project in need of funding?
With the deadline for applications fast approaching (19 December 2019), now is the time to act. Contact Steve to discuss your project and how we can assist you to build a successful grant application.